Wednesday 8 March 2017

Thursday 1st March First Sailing Session

Our first session sailing. 

This session was looking at the team work we need when we are at Water Wise. Getting the Rescue Tenders out and rigging the opti's all need us to work together as a team.

This is very much about the relationships we make and how we are responsible for the relationships we have.  Watch the videos below about us working together.

And here is a diary entry Summer wrote after the session.  

Today Thursday Room 22 had our second session of Water Wise at Lake Pupuke. The whole point of the session was to learn how to put the boat together and how to sail the boat....

I learnt how to put the boat together but I think I need more practice in sailing! 

Well. I accidentally flipped the boat, got pushed into all the lake weed and I had to jump into all the lake weed - SPLASH!  I really got stuck in all the lake weed - GROSS! The dirt was all mushy - DISGUSTING! 

I had to give the opti (boat) a big push and hopped on so I could get towed back to the deck. Everyone was smiling and laughing (in a good way)  I could still smell the slimy lake weed in the water -  EWW.

I went to get my towel and came back to the bench and sat down., I noticed that everyone was having another turn. Even though I didnt want to, I had another try...  dan, dan, daaaa! 

I did it - SORT OF! It was really fun too. 

Summer Hawkins








No comments:

Post a Comment